Friday, September 2, 2011

Dress Shopping Take Three and an Update

About a month ago, my mom and I went to Betsy Robinson in Pikesville, MD. I tried on a BUNCH of dresses, one which I really liked. I didn't get a picture of it, but I will try to describe it to my best ability.

It was a a strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline. It was a satin fabric underneath called "Spun Gold" with a lace over-lay (the lace over-lay gave the fabric underneath almost a pink tint). When the consultant bustled it, I fell in love with it. It was so beautiful and would look SO good with the cowboy boots I've decided to wear. ;)

What I disliked: The train was way too long and it was it was a lot "fanicer" than I was going for. Also, I really want a dress with the buttons up the zipper, and this dress didn't have that.

I also tried on an adorable birdcage veil at Betsy Robinson that I WILL be getting. :)

However, my mom has since decided not to help with the dress, so I am back to square one with a way smaller budget.

I read an article yesterday on the Huffington Post via the AOL homepage (of course I can't find it now) about buying less expensive wedding dresses. In the article they mentioned that stores that don't specialize in weddings are starting to sell wedding collections. Three of the companies they mentioned were J. Crew (which I was already aware), Ann Taylor, and White House Black Market.

Well, of course I checked it out! And look what I found:


The Audrey dress by White House Black Market. And... drum roll please!... It's only $698!

The description from the website:

Breathtaking ivory silk taffeta bridal gown artfully sculpted with a pleated, asymmetric bodice and voluminous, floor-sweeping skirt. Removable taffeta blooms flourish along the strapless neckline and side. Showcased online only.
  • Contour fit.
  • Wear with or without the removable flowers that attach with hidden snaps. Includes removable adjustable straps. Bustier construction includes boning and an inner silicone/elastic band that prevents the back from shifting. Easy side zip closure embellished with 26 decorative buttons.
  • Fully lined in charmeuse; silky side rests against the skin. Crinoline underlay with lace hem.
  • Length: 62".
  • 100% Silk. Dry clean. Imported.


Although it isn't all lace, which I really liked, it is the style of dress I was trying on, and it has the buttons down the side like the dress I tried on at Mary's Bridal! Plus, that lace bolero the bride is wearing is the PERFECT lacy accessory.

I love it! I think we have found a dress within the budget, people! :)

UPDATE:
We have decided on a catering package with Punk's Backyard Grill and should be getting the contract any day!
Also, we scheduled our Engagement Session with the Photographer! That will be on October 9th. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment