Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Save the Dates are Complete!

Happy New Year!

Amist all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season- spending time with friends, family, and loved ones, awaiting Santa, getting ourselves and our presents ready for Christmas, etc. I was thinking about our Save the Dates.

Well, yesterday morning during some errands, R and I stopped into the Paper Source and picked up a pack (25 count) of their Flat A6 (4 1/2" x 6 1/4") Cards in Luxe Cream.

Once we got home and I had some time to mess with them while R was napping, I started what I like to call my "trial and terror" printing method, by which I only ruined TWO cards! Normally this would have resulted in me freaking out, having to buy at least another pack of cards and possibly more ink. :x

Well, the finished product, if I may say so myself, is just gorgeous. And as a plus, Matt likes them too! ;)

The Wedding Chicks make it super easy to create and print their Printables, but just in case you were wondering how I did it:

1. First I tried to do it all in Internet Explorer, but it wouldn't even "compute" the image. So, I downloaded Google Chrome and things went smoothly from there.

2. I entered all my info and uploaded my picture for the front of the card. I dragged the image onto my desktop then opened it in my picture viewer.

3. I opened the picture printing wizard in Windows and when I came to the page where it asks you what printer to use and your preferences, I clicked preferences. I chose a customized paper size according to the measurements of the A6 card- 4.5" x 6.25" (that size wasn't an option in my list of paper sizes). Then I chose my number of copies.

4. I printed out the front of the postcard. When they would come out of the printer I'd take them out and lay them printed side up so they could flatten out and to let the ink dry all the way (they got a little rolled in the printer).


5. I then went back to The Wedding Chicks and entered in all my info for the back of the postcard. I tried to drag and drop it on to the desktop, but it was trying to save it as the exact same name as the "front." I just renamed the front by adding a "1" to the end. Then I was able to drag and drop the back onto the desktop.

6. I messed up another card when I tried to print the back. I know how my printer feeds, so that wasn't a problem, but I tend to over-think things and when it came time to chose my preferences, I switched the measurements & chose landscape, not remembering that the wizard "rotates & crops to fit." After that mishap, I kept the measurements the same, kept it at portrait, and printed out the number of copies I needed.

I ended up with 22 out of 25 cards. I addressed them, and messed up only one, so that left me with 21 cards! Luckily I only needed 20. The Save the Dates are going out as an informal heads up about the wedding, so I didn't make one to send to every.single.person. For example, hypothetical situation: if Cousin Eddie also lives with his brother, Charlie, they would get a combined Save the Date addressed to both of them. Once we send out the invites, Cousin Eddie and his brother Charlie would get separate invites. Make sense? :) I know this is different for everyone, but since we are inviting only closecloseclose family and friends and our wedding is VERY informal, they all understand!

I'm very happy with how they turned out and so far all feedback has been positive. :)


-B

No comments:

Post a Comment